Hannah Naomi, LLC, a Portland-based jewelry company, is looking for new faces to join our growing team! Each position is open for approximately 10-15 hours per week with plenty of room to grow. You will be working from our cozy studio on SE Division Street so reliable transportation is necessary. We are open Monday – Saturday (soon to be Sundays as well!) so some weekend availability is required. Hours will become more flexible after initial training is complete but one weekend day will be required for both postions available. We also offer discounts on jewelry and a generous jewelry allowance for all employees!
JEWELRY PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Help us make some jewelry! If you have an interest or background in metal work we would love to hear from you. The main goal of this position is to assist in filling orders and keeping a consistent back stock of popular pieces. Some of the responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Cutting, filing, hammering and polishing a variety of pieces from start to finish.
- Prior professional jeweler experience not required but you should be a quick learner with a love of working with your hands.
- Following all safety regulations.
- Must be independently motivated and also have the ability to work well with a team.
- An easy going attitude works best around here! This is skilled work but we want you to have fun doing it.
- This is a highly detail oriented position. Our jewelry is delicate and requires attentive and dexterous handling!
- An eye for critiquing your own work is important in this position! Little imperfections happen with metal work but we only send out the highest quality pieces. Constructive criticism is a part of the learning process.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
This role has the potential to grow and develop over time. The right candidate will be able to contribute to the growth of the business and will see their role grow as a result. This position is also very flexible and will have the option to add hours during the busy holiday season and to sub in hours when possible.
SOCIAL MEDIA / SALES ASSOCIATE
Love working with people and taking beautiful photos? Apply to be our new social media and sales associate! The candidate for this position should have experience working with Instagram and other social media platforms as well as customer service experience. The main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Packaging orders and pulling pieces from back stock to be shipped. Attention to detail is key here! We ship out a large volume of packages each day and many orders are similar in nature.
- Working with customers in the showroom as well as answering questions from online customers. (Experience with Etsy and WordPress is a bonus!)
- Knowledge of Instagram is a major part of this position. You should be comfortable answering comments, messages and taking some photos and videos to post on IG stories.
- If you have a bit of an OCD streak this could be a great position for you! During the work day you will work independently to organize and clean the showroom and create displays.
- You will be assisting our Social Media Coordinator in creating beautiful content for Instagram and other platforms with a focus on short video stories and outreach.
- Timeliness, reliability and an outgoing personality are essential to this position.
This role has the potential to grow and develop over time. The right candidate will be able to contribute to the growth of the business and will see their role grow as a result. This position is also very flexible and will have the option to add hours during the busy holiday season and to sub in hours when possible. Being able to work Sunday’s from 10:00am to 3:00pm is a requirement for this position.
THE FUN STUFF
Our work environment is laid back and very flexible. We are happy to work with you in terms of scheduling and time off as needed. Also, as long as you are able to finish your work in a timely manner we encourage you to take breaks and rest between tasks (we have snacks available!). You will be working some hours along side a sweet, old dog named Earl and occasionally a spunky little Chihuahua mix named Toby. We are located in a fun and vibrant building surrounded by makers and creatives (and the cafe downstairs is amazing). Last, but certainly not least, generous discounts on jewelry are available to family and close friends, and you of course!
Interested candidates should submit their resume, references and cover letters as attachments via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Photos of your past work would be lovely to see!