JEWELRY PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Help us make some jewelry! If you have an interest or background in metal work we would love to hear from you. The main goal of this position is to assist in filling orders and keeping a consistent back stock of popular pieces.
Some of the responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Cutting, filing, hammering and polishing jewelry from start to finish. Most of our jewelry is small and dainty so good dexterity and attention to small details are imperative!
* Prior professional jewelry-making experience not required but you should be a quick learner with a love of working with your hands.
* Following all safety regulations.
* Must be independently motivated and also have the ability to work well with a team.
* An easy going attitude works best around here! This is skilled work but we want you to have fun doing it.
* An eye for critiquing your own work is important in this position! Little imperfections happen with metal work but we only send out the highest quality pieces. Constructive criticism is a part of the learning process.
* Must be comfortable with repetitive tasks. This role has the potential to grow and develop over time. The right candidate will be able to contribute to the growth of the business and will see their role grow as a result. This position is also very flexible and will have the option to add hours during the busy holiday season and to sub in hours when possible. ***Some weekend availability is required for this position.
* This is a highly detail oriented position. Our jewelry is delicate and requires attentive and dexterous handling! Candidates must have the ability to work on small, highly detail-oriented work.
THE FUN STUFF
Our work environment is laid back and very flexible. We are happy to work with you in terms of scheduling and time off as needed. Paid time off is also available to all employees. You will be working some hours along side a sweet, old dog named Earl and occasionally a spunky little Chihuahua mix named Toby. We are located in a fun and vibrant building surrounded by makers and creatives (and the cafe downstairs is amazing). Last, but certainly not least, generous discounts on jewelry are available to family and close friends, and you of course!
Interested candidates should submit their resume, references and cover letters as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have photos of your past work we would love to see them!