CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES ASSOCIATE
Hannah Naomi, LLC, a Portland-based jewelry company, is looking for a new face to join our growing team! Do you have an eye for design and love working with people? Apply to be our new customer service/sales associate! The candidate for this position should have a strong customer service background and experience with Instagram and other social media platforms. Our goal for this position is for it to grow into a retail managerial role as we continue to expand so an outgoing personality is very important.
This position is open for approximately 15+ hours per week with plenty of room to grow. You will be working from our cozy studio on SE Division Street so reliable transportation is necessary.
We are open Monday – Saturday (soon to be Sundays as well!) so weekend availability is required. Your shifts will be Saturday, Sundays and Mondays after the training period is over but for 1-2 months we would love if you could come in an additional week day instead of Sundays.
The main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Working with customers in the showroom as well as answering questions from online customers. (Experience with Etsy and WordPress is a bonus!)
- Packaging orders and pulling pieces from back stock to be shipped. Attention to detail is key here! We ship out a large volume of packages each day and many orders are similar in nature.
- Answering comments and messages across all of our social media platforms.
- Assisting our Social Media Coordinator in creating beautiful content for Instagram and other platforms with a focus on short video stories and wholesale outreach.
- Independently organize and clean the showroom and create displays. If you have a bit of an OCD streak this could be a great position for you!
- Timeliness, reliability and a friendly, outgoing personality are essential to this position.
This role has the potential to grow and develop over time. The right candidate will be able to contribute to the growth of the business and will see their role grow as a result. This position is also very flexible and will have the option to add hours during the busy holiday season and to sub in hours when possible. Being able to work in the afternoon on Saturday, Sunday and Monday after the training period is over is a requirement for this position. There is plenty of room to add hours on Sundays and expand your hours overall going forward.
THE FUN STUFF
Our work environment is laid back and very flexible. We are happy to work with you in terms of scheduling and time off as needed. Paid time off is also available to all employees. Also, as long as you are able to finish your work in a timely manner we encourage you to take breaks and rest between tasks (we have snacks available!). You will be working some hours along side a sweet, old dog named Earl and occasionally a spunky little Chihuahua mix named Toby. We are located in a fun and vibrant building surrounded by makers and creatives (and the cafe downstairs is amazing). Last, but certainly not least, generous discounts on jewelry are available to family and close friends, and you of course!
Interested candidates should submit their resume, references and cover letters as attachments via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have photos of your past work we would love to see them!